Wednesday, March 16, 2011

For Halee

I was recently given an Stylish Blogger Award by my friend Halee. And out of my great affection for her, I'm going to complete this award meme - mostly. I don't normally do these chain-letter style award things, but Halee can be oh so persuasive. So, here's the rules:

1. Link back and thank the person that gave you the award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 5 recently discovered blogs.
4. Contact them and tell them about their award.

1. Thank you, Halee

2a. I don't like food to touch on my plate. I never have. I deal with it as an adult, but my inner 5-year-old doesn't like it much. I should probably invest in these ceramic sectioned plates.

2b. I enjoy singing, even though the clear soprano voice I had as a kid and young adult is mostly gone. Chronic tonsilitis, a nicked artery during my tonsilectomy/adenoidectomy and later chronic low-grade irritation due to thyroid disease has rendered my soprano voice mostly gone. Even if I hit the note and can hold it, I squeak and I can hear the damage. I get by singing in the alto range.

2c. I hated avocados until the age of 30, but now I love them.

2d. My father taught me to drive, and my first car was a sports car. My father was once an amateur stock car race driver.

2e. I have a fascination with and a terror of tornadoes.

2f. Almost all of my celebrity crushes are close to my father's age. My parents find this hilarious.

2g. I have one older sister, but I also have four "brothers." When I was growing up, my father's niece and her family lived on the same street we did. She was only a few years younger than my dad (Almost all of Dad's sisters have 20 years on him), so her boys were my age. When my parents had to work nights or weren't home, they would take me to my cousin's house and she would keep me overnight. The boys and I would stay up late and watch horrible B movies together, squabble and in general do all the things siblings do when you're growing up. We've all grown up and got our own families now, but they'll always be my brothers.

3. This is the part where I fall flat. If you want to award this to your blog, go for it! If you don't, don't.

4. Consider part 3 the whole notification part.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...