Saturday, February 26, 2011

Watching TV With Your Feet

When I was a kid, I could never figure out why my father would switch the television over to an old movie, settle into his easy chair and then promptly fall asleep. Of course, if you even thought about changing the channel, Dad would wake up and grumble "I was watching that!" We called it "watching TV with your feet" because that was the only thing even remotely pointed at the television when Dad got his nap on. I could swear that my dad's toes had 20/20 vision.

When I was child, I understood childish things. Now that I'm older and cranky without a nap, I see, and understand.

My path toward nap enlightenment started with a very comfy club chair and a microfleece throw I picked up as part of a gift basket I won at a professional development event. It was cozy, but not very generously sized, and I ended up fighting the cats for a corner of the blanket while those ungrateful moggies snored in my ear. Then I picked up two Mink to Fur Reversible Blankets on sale, one for my chair, and one for the couch.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I have achieved Napvana. Give me my club chair, my new furry blanket, a few episodes of NCIS or Criminal Minds that I've seen before and I'm out like a light. At least until Joey tries to change the channel...

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...