Friday, February 25, 2011

DDF vs Stila

Tomorrow, I'm heading out to my local Sephora to exchange an unopened tube of DDF Mattifying Oil Control UV Moisturizer SPF 15 for cream eyeshadows I've had my eye on trying.

The DDF moisturizer has been my daily moisturizer for about a year now, and I have no complaints about how it works for me. It did exactly what it promised it would do - controlled the daily outbreak of oily skin on my face and gave me some sun protection. The texture is smooth and somewhat thin, making it easy to apply, and with once daily use (I use a moisturizing serum at night), a tube will last you about three months, making it $14 a month, which to me was a reasonable price to pay for not having oily skin. So, this is not an idictment against the DDF product, but a comparison of my old solution versus the new one I'd found.

After two weeks of using Stila's Sheer Color Tinted Oil Free Moisturizer SPF 30, with very pleasing results, I decided to use the itty bitty bit of DDF I had left from the opened tube with L'Oreal's Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base under my mineral foundation to see how it compared.

Bottom line, for me, Stila wins.

Even though the Stila moisturizer is much thicker than DDF's, it does apply smoothly and gives me a lovely wash of color before I apply my foundation. Not only that, but it acts as a mild concealer, covering my red and troubled areas with just enough tint to hide them easily. I did not get this result from DDF + primer. My makeup is still on and my skin is still mostly matte, but it's lacking that little bitty bit of smoothness and pretty "Your skin but better" look I've gotten used to by wearing Stila + mineral foundation. And, let's be honest, two steps versus three steps is another vote in Stila's favor here, especially when you're as lazy as I am when I first get up in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...