Thursday, February 24, 2011

Serendipity and Shiny, Shiny Beads

One afternoon in the recent past, I was casually admiring the necklace worn by a co-worker and idly considering how I could work stationed designs into my own work. I was still pondering this new design direction when I decided to hold a pre-Valentine's Day sale in our Etsy shop so I could buy myself a pair of very pretty sequined Dansko clogs for Valentine's Day. Well, what should arrive in my Etsy convo inbox but a request from a very clever customer asking me if it would be possible to make a stationed "Y" shape necklace ending in a spiral pendant and crystal dangles. Clear and concise mock-up artwork was included, which as any designer of anything will tell you is a HUGE help. I looked over the design my very clever customer had in mind, went through the internal specs/materials checklist and decided that not only would the design work, but that I could not wait to get started on it. It was as if my very clever customer was reading my mind and had made my idea ten times better. Behold the result!


Bigger picture version here!

As with every customer-driven design (of which there are many, and for which I am exceedingly grateful), the customer gets input on the naming of the item if I decide to offer the item in the shop. Since this particular customer already has a totally gorgeous spiral necklace named in her honor, we settled on naming the latest joint creation "The Charming Miss M." I hope you love it as much as we both do.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...