Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Love is in the details

This afternoon I opened my desk drawer to look for some item of office ephemera and found a bag of Cadbury's Mini Eggs there. I just had to smile. See, Joey had brought me the bag of Mini Eggs as a treat a few days ago, and I'd left them in my desk drawer until today, when a Cadbury Mini Egg was just the thing I needed to get me past my post-lunch slump.

Joey is always doing things like that - bringing me little treats and making me laugh over something silly. A lot of emphasis is placed on the big things that signify a relationship. You see it every holiday. "She won't love you if you don't buy her this necklace or this ring!" "She wants a car with a big red bow on it!" Those things are all well and good, but at the end of the day, what I want, what I really need, is a man who remembers that I love Cadbury Mini Eggs, and who can almost always make me laugh.

4 comments:

  1. Exactly! That's the sort of relationship we have, and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the kind of relationship my hubby and I have. We are always surprising each other with the little things most people take for granted.

    If you've ever read the story, SHMILY, we adopted that little game early in our relationship. 11 years later we still do it.

    It's awesome and I love it.

    I wish every couple could have a relationship like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am following you now!! I didn't realize you were using Blogger. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...