Monday, November 21, 2011

Winter Hair - Blue Black and Pillarbox Red

My base hair color needed touching up, and I decided to go ahead and switch over to a more wintery look for my highlights. So, on Saturday, Joey colored my hair with Feria Starry Night, a blue black shade. I used to love it over every other blue black, but I'm starting to change my mind. Feria's formula tends to leave my hair feeling dry, (thank goodness for Silk Naturals Coconut Argan cleansing conditioner!)  and the color this time out turned out as a flat "bottle black" than the shiny blue black I'd been used to.

Still, I would only have just black hair for one day, so I lived with it.

I knew what color I wanted for my highlights - Punky Colours Pillarbox Red. Because my love for black and red is at least as strong as my love for black and pink, if not slightly stronger. So it was on with the highlight cap, and time for bleaching. It usually takes an hour and half for my hair to bleach using 40 volume developer without applying heat. I have a bonnet hair dryer, but wanted to be able to work on beading projects while I was waiting. Joey wasn't impressed with the color of Pillarbox Red in the jar, but I promised him it would look great once he was done. He'd done thicker sections of hair toward the front, and thinner highlights all throughout the back of my hair, almost to my neckline, so there are little threads of color everywhere. I am a very lucky girl to have a husband who will not only color my hair, but do such a fantastic job of it. (I am very lucky to have Joey in any case, but the hair color service is a very nice bonus!)

And so...here's me, with my winter hair:



I will end with my new daily affirmation. Feel free to use it too, if you wanna: "I'm here, I'm fat and I'm gorgeous. If you don't think so? You're wrong. Sucks to be you."


6 comments:

  1. Highlights are far too much work for me, but they look awesome on you!  (If you're looking for a new blue-black, I use the Garnier Ultra Color line.  I used their blue-black for awhile, now I use their "intense auburn".  I remember it being a really nice black.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have loved to use Garnier's Ultra blue black if I could find it. The only place I know locally that sells it is Wal-Mart, and I will not do business with Wal-Mart if I can ever avoid it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and me both re:Walmart.  I used to get mine at Target (not that they're *that* much better, but less worse is still less worse); these days I either get it at Raley's (grocery store) or online via Drugstore.com.  Why must the cool colors always be harder to find?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, he did do a great job. It looks awesome! I had my hair Starry Night and MP Pillarbox red a few months ago. I've been using Starry Night off and on for as long as I can remember. My hair is finally to the point that box dye is just a bad idea, so I'll be letting my old stylist have a whack at it soon.

    Oh, I ordered some of that conditioner on your recommendation. Of course, while I was there I picked up a moisturizer, a serum, a facial treatment, and a few other things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never had a bad purchase from Silk Naturals, and I love recommending their products. I use them, I love them, and I plan on giving them as gifts this year so other people can love them too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...